Tuesday, April 12, 2011

So far so good

Things are going pretty well this week so far. Two days down, four to go. I am feeling better than I did last week by far. Looking forward to next week and hopefully being able to deal with the heat. At least now I am able to run 3.5 mi and train for a few hours everyday and not feel completely dead at night. I see the kids from the camp running every morning. They are little athletes. They run 5mi a day plus they train in the morning and in the afternoon. Training sessions are about 2-3 hours. They have unlimited energy. So Jealous!
So let me update you on the last three days.
Sunday I had off. It was a pretty chill day. I spent majority of it wandering the gigantic mall that they have in Pattaya. Didn't really buy much, but got a local cell phone for $30 with 100min on it. Just so I have a local number where people can reach me or I can reach people.
(Side note: Saw two lizards duking it out on my way to leave for the mall. One had the other one by the leg. It was funny to watch.)I ate at the food court at the mall once again and then took home leftovers for dinner. After I had already eaten, the people running the hotel invited me to go with them to the night market for dinner. I went and ate more. I figured why not its just fish and I am training like crazy.

I don't really like fish all that much, but this fish was delicious!
Ate it right off the bones....mmm delicious!
The night market they took me to was huge. I have never been to one so big before. The ones in Taiwan don't compare to this one. Tons of different food and wares for sale. There are a few night markets near the hotel where I am staying but this one was way better.
All in all a good day off. Went to bed around 10:30.
Work up around 6 to head out to run. Only did 3 miles Monday. It was a fairly boring day. Just trained and ate and slept. 3 girls from London showed up to the gym though. They are all very nice ladies. They will be around for a few weeks so that will be really nice.
Yesterday I went out to run and one of the boys from the gym ran with me. It was really sweet. I think his friends were making fun of him but he didn't seem to care. I did 3.5 he did 5.
The girls from England invited me out last night to the night market but it ended up being closed. We decided to go to Walking street instead. (for those of you who don't know Walking street, there are tons of bars and clubs and prostitution there, but also shopping.)
We just went to check it out. It was packed.

Along Walking street and other places in Pattaya they have these fish tanks that people put there feet in for a "Fish Massage". The fish basically eat the dead skin off your feet. uuuckk
I didn't try it.Also along Walking street they have all kinds of different food vendors including people selling bugs to eat. Eeewww
I didn't eat any of them.
The night was pretty good overall. The girls were a lot of fun to hang with. I ended up staying out till 11:30 which is way too late for training purposes. Needless to say I ended up sleeping past 6am today and didn't get my run in, but at least I am going to training.
Today is the first day of Songkran. Thai New year. What this means is being prepared to get drenched everywhere you go. During the next week the idea is to shoot everyone with water. So, when I went into Pattaya today I had completely forgotten about this. I was just riding my scooter on my way to get food and passed a truck full of people with giant water guns. It was all over after that. I was soaked. I think I will be avoiding the central part of down town for the next few days. more later....

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update! Glad you're doing well. Keep posting the pics and stuff. Sounds like you're living it up - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete