Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Day1

(Picture 1-getting on the ferry to the mainland)
Hey guys, So I made it to China. The trip was looooong. It was quite uneventful really. I hung out in the Taipei lounge, then hopped a flight to HK where I caught a ferry to the mainland. (Picture 2-seen from the ferry that takes me from HK to mainland China)


(Picture 3-seen from the ferry. So many ships it almost looks like they are going into battle)
The factory is about 1 hour drive inland once the ferry lands in Shenzhen(Southern mainland China) As soon as I walked off the ferry the humidity hit me. Everyday here is like the most humid day in the summer time back home in Philly. Not as hot, but man is it sticky. I forgot to pack for this weather.




(Pictures 3,4,5-view from the car on the way to the factory)

Parts of China are very pretty, but as you can see from the photos, there is always a haze everywhere because of all the manufacturing in the country.

(Picture 6-Clothes hanging out to dry on balcony's.)

Almost every apartment building you see everywhere in Southern China will have clothes hanging out to dry. I don't know how they can dry with this humidity.

I arrived at the factory around 1:30pm(1:30am to me). I was really excited to see all of my mechanical babies. Non of them were completely built, but built enough that I could see how they would turn out. I was so excited. The photoshoot doesn't start till tomorrow.

By 4pm I started crashing and was ready for bed. We headed back to the hotel around 5:30pm and had a buffet dinner. The dinners here are little scary sometimes. You don't always know what meat you are eating. Around 7pm I went for an hour and a half massage that only cost $6. I get them almost every night when I'm here. They are great! I tried to stay awake to watch The Contender Asia (Muay Thai fight competition) but passed out in the middle of it.
That's it for Day 1....

No comments:

Post a Comment